Sometimes a page needs to be hidden from the public but shouldn't be deleted from the system in case of future need. Hiding allows a page to be “hide” a page and then “unhide” it at a later date when the page is relevant again. This is helpful with, for example, seasonal pages, such as Halloween or spelling bee pages.
Hiding a Page
When a page is hidden, the page remains on the CMS Control Panel; however, the page name is grayed out, indicating that the page is hidden. Once hidden, the change must be published so that the public does not see the page any more.
- Click Web Pages on the left of the Administrative Page and choose Page Tree.
- Click the Settings Icon next to the page you want to hide and choose Hide from the dropdown menu.
- The page name is now grayed out indicating that it is hidden. You must Publish this change so that the page is hidden from the public.
Unhiding a Page
- To unhide a page, click on Show.
- Publish the newly un-hidden page.