Sign up for Google Custom Search
- Create a Google account if you don’t have one already. You can do that by visiting Google. You’ll have to activate your account by clicking on a link in an e-mail sent from Google before you can proceed to the next step.
- Go to the Custom Search page.
- Click the Create Custom Search Engine button
- Give your search engine a Name.
- In the Sites to Search area, put the websites that you want included in this search. The entire Foxbright website would be searched by putting www.foxbright.com/* into this field.
- Click Create.
- Click Get Code to get a script that can be placed in a Plain Text/Embed Script type content block on your Foxbright website.
Upgrade Site Search to Remove Ads (Paid Mode)
- Selecting Control Panel provides search engine customization options including Look and Feel and the ability to Upgrade to Site Search, which will remove google ads that appear on the free version of the Google search engine.
- Pick a theme for your search results and test it out with a sample search.
- Click Next. You do not need to copy the code that is being provided on this screen as this has already been put into the Foxbright CMS for you.
- Click on the link to change the Look and Feel of your search.
Get Your Search Custom Code
- Find the “Basics” menu item to see a description of your new custom search engine.
- Copy your site’s unique ID, as this will be required in the next section where this search engine will be activated within the Foxbright CMS.
Connecting the Foxbright CMS to your Google Custom Search Engine
- Sign into the Foxbright CMS control panel.
- Click the Configuration option, then select Application Settings. Select the “Google Search Options” category.
- Edit the “Account Code” field. Paste your site’s unique ID from Google into the box.
- If you are using the paid version of the Google Custom Search, edith the Advanced Integration field and set it to “True” so that the Foxbright CMS system knows to activate the enhanced styling of the search.
Displaying Google Search results on a page
- Select Web Pages and Page Tree from the side menu. A "Search" page will most likely already exist, but if you can't find one, add a new page where your search results will display.
- Edit the Search Page and select Change Block where you want the search results to show. Select Google Search from the drop down list
- Save and publish the page